Wednesday, February 24, 2010

AH finally finished a book!


Yes. I finally finished a book today. I have been reading The last Vampire by Christopher Pike. At only 193 pags it has taken me awhile. A month and a bit to be exact. It's definitly not because I am a slow reader but because I have only made time to read it when I am not busy getting ready for work or sharing the few moments of time between sleeping and working with friends and family. It was definitly an enjoyable read and I will try to find the next 4 books somewhere in my bins of stuff in the basement.

I am glad that I have finished the book because it is an accomplishment in itself. Although it would take me just one sitting of a few hours to have finished it usually. It's been awhile since I've read and I like the fact that I at least enjoyed the last third of the story in one final dose today. I mean it definitly is worth reading if you like these kinds of stories.

I mean I can think of a bunch of other books to read off the top of my head that I would love to read again even if I've read them 4 or 5 times already.

haha oh yeah and another book I am reading is called The Panther and The Pyramid by Bonnie Vanak... Now to tell you how I picked up this book. I was at Zellers and found the 4.99 best sellers book rack... Now I saw this read the spine that tells you what kind of book it is. I thought it said Leisure Historical suspense. I was in a hurry as I had to get to work which is right across the street from Zellers. Well when I got a chance to finally start reading it I realized that it actually said Leisure Historical Romance... no wonder all the books on the rack actually looked kind of romance-like but hey the front cover of this one didn't really hint it was going to be that type of book at all... Well I guess that's what happens when you're in a hurry. I definitly will read it all the way through...eventually...

Though I am probably bound to start another book or two, maybe even three if I get started into reading again majorly. It wasn't unusual for me to have 1-4 books on the go at any given time.

Haha kinda sounds like my writing as well... Is that a lack of focus or just widening my interests too much because they are usually never really the same type of stories..

Well let's see. I'm going to choose a story and stick with it. I just wonder if I should start this one from scratch or build upon one I've already had on the go?

Well till next time... hopefully sometime soon I will figure that one out and do it within the moments that are not spent on school, friends, boyfriend and family between the moments of sleep and work. :D

Let's hope so! I've got a many ideas to write about! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment