Thursday, April 29, 2010

Tree branch anyone?




So finally 4:30 am and heartburn/indigestion is keeping me.... so I guess I will write this blog that because I went out for my usual monday margarita/nacho night with my boyfriend and some friends that by the time I got back and after we watched a movie. It was too late to write and the last few days have been kinda busy...not working busy but I helped my dad do a few things around his home... you know because he wanted me to help him. I was more than happy to help with a few chores around his place. After all he has done for me, I am not hesitant to help him out around his place when I can. :D


Anyhow, I will now get to what it was I have been wanting to write. On monday the most curious of things happened. I was sitting in the living room when I heard this big bang. I looked out into the kitchen (the two rooms adjoin) through the window I could see the tree outside. I thought to myself... I should not be seeing the tree out back through that window. So I go outside to investigate sure enough the tree branch that I told my boyfriend awhile back was probably going to let go because it looked pretty rotten. Well it finally did that day.

I was worried, as you can see in the picture, there is a dog pen. That day one of the two people who live upstairs was home.. I went to ask him if his dog was inside. Though don't be worried at all. The dog was safely inside and not harmed. He came and had a look at what had happened.

The only thing that had stopped it's full descent to the ground was the clothesline. It was too heavy to move ourselves and we were jsut going to wait for my boyfriend to get home before doing anything about so we went back to our places.

A little while later, maybe 15 minutes to a half an hour? maybe longer, maybe shorter than that. I am not entirely sure. I heard another big bang. I went out to investigate yet again. The upstairs guy (I don't want to name him because well I am sure he doesn't want to be named. I won't ever use someone's name without their permission.) He came out as well to see what had happened. Not the clothesline but the post had given out under the weight of that huge chunk of branch.

Luckily in all this, no one was outside as well as the tree branch never hit the house. We never used the clothesline anyway. We might not even bother putting it back up again. though It would be better to hang clothes out to dry on sunny days. I think I would get a stronger post though...just in case if any more branche decide to fall. Not that it would fall that way anyhow.

Ok so the top left hand picture shows you just how big this branch was. The right hand picture shows that the clothesline was indeed holding up the tree and not the dog pen. The last one shows where it had broken off from the tree...

No comments:

Post a Comment