I originally wrote this on:
Wednesday, November 4, 2009 at 12:40pm
I PRAY
By PENNY ANNE FAIRMAN
I weep because you're gone
I pray that it never happens again
This sad loneliness you had to face
Tears not of joy but of pain
Of losing hope, brought down
By a force of mankind; abuse
I tremble in thoughts of this
Of losing someone dear
Because a man didn't care
Instead they beat her down
With words worse than spears
She was forced to face alone
Because fear made her sway
Losing hope of a better day
I hope her child does not witness
This insanity of her choice
I hope they finally take action
Long before this ever happens
Maybe even if I glimpse this myself
So that I may help her even if not much at all
Because she is a friend so dear
I pray she doesn't become the statistic...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment